When combined with Office 365, SharePoint online introduces a wide range of improvements over the previous version of SharePoint.
Below is just a taster of the functionality and features that SharePoint online can bring to your business. SharePoint is all about bringing people and the information that they use together. Organise projects, share your work with others and improve communication through increased social networking activity within your organisation.
Some of the cool new features in SharePoint 2013.
Social features – All social features are fully integrated into all elements of SharePoint 2013 experience.
Create and view posts and updates in your newsfeed.
- Post to public newsfeeds
- Post to a newsfeed on a team site
- Monitor other people’s activities
- Start conversations in a new microblog feature
- Use your newsfeeds from the new Newsfeed app for Windows phones, Apple iPhone and iPad
Sharing – New ways to share documents and sites.
- SkyDrive Pro replaces Shared or Private Documents. Store your documents in a personal library that is accessible from anywhere
- Share your documents and sites using with the new share command.
- Take full control of document read and write permissions
- Send a ‘guest link’ allowing people outside your company to access data
- Use email invitations when sharing documents and sites
- Receive automated alerts, informing you of document updates
- Share documents from mobile devices
- Invite people outside your domain to read, write and execute content on your SharePoint sites
- Authentication of external access via a windows account or Office 365 ID
- Easily enable and disable external access
New video features for Enterprise users of SharePoint online
- Upload videos to their own player page that features information about the video and its owner
- Rate and download videos directly from the video page
- Preview videos directly from the search results
SharePoint site building and customization.
- Create and edit lists without leaving the page
- Improved rich text editor allows you to embed videos, drag and drop images and paste from word without loss of formatting
- ‘choose a look’ feature provides a one click solution for customizing your team site
There are lots more features to discover in SharePoint 2013. If you are a business owner or key decision maker that is looking to find out more about SharePoint then contact SharePoint Consultants Our CRM today.