SharePoint has embraced social engagement, encouraging users to interact with each other through instant messaging, following, forum discussions and community portals, all within the SharePoint platform.
Did you know that you could create and maintain a blog that is integrated into SharePoint? Blogs are a great way of sharing ideas and information between colleagues and external contacts that have access to your SharePoint platform.
How do I create and maintain a blog in SharePoint?
Follow the simple steps below and you will be blogging in no time!
- Open up your SharePoint site
- Click on the settings menu (the little cog) and from the drop down menu, click site contents
- Next, click new subsite and enter a title, description and unique URL for your blog
- From the select a template menu, choose blog and then click ok.
Your blog has now been created!
How do I create my first post?
- Go to the homepage of your new blog
- Under blog tools, click create a post
- Give your blog a title and a description
- Navigate to the category section and select the categories that you would like the post to appear in.
- Enter the publishing date and click publish. Hey presto, you just published your first blog entry.
But I need to create my own categories!
Creating your own categories is easy. Just follow the steps below…
- Go to the homepage of your blog
- Under blog tools, click on manage categories
- Next, click on new item – type a category name and then click save.
Our CRM provides professional SharePoint Consultancy to SMES across the UK. Contact us if you are considering implementing a SharePoint solution in the workplace, or if you need assistance with your existing SharePoint platform.