Digital security provider ESET has confirmed that ESET Security for Microsoft SharePoint 2013 is now available for download as a release candidate on the official ESET website.
This historical launch means that ESET have become the first company to provide a dedicate security solution for SharePoint 2013.
Businesses using ESET Security for Microsoft SharePoint Server can look forward to the following protection:
- Real-time protection of the entire server operating and file system.
- Protection from popular threat vectors including those aimed at file system entry, drive-by downloads, or system exploits and vulnerabilities
- SharePoint Content Protection – Keeping SharePoint clean and performing on-demand or scheduled scans of objects within the SharePoint database. ESET Security for Microsoft SharePoint Server scans files for malware and applies rules-based filtering to scan actual content and validate it by real-file type.
The final version of ESET Security for Microsoft SharePoint 2013 is scheduled for release this summer. As with will BETA releases, there will always be known issues so it is advisable to check the official release candidate web page to keep up to date with the latest news.
The ESET release candidate can be used with the following versions of SharePoint:
- SharePoint® Services 3.0
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 (64-bit), 2010 (64-bit), 2007 (32 & 64-bit)
- Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 (64-bit)
Are you a business customer that needs advice on how to protect your SharePoint solution? If the answer is ‘yes’ then Contact Our CRM today.
Our CRM is in no way affiliated with ESET products or services. We strongly advise seeking consultation with a SharePoint specialist before implementing new technologies to work alongside existing SharePoint solutions.